Here's what I'll be doing every day at 5:15pm to cue myself to leave my thoughts of work behind until the next day:
- Get all todos out of my brain and into the One True List (in Asana). Make sure the top item is the first thing I'll be doing tomorrow morning.
- Look through email and calendar, make sure there's nothing that can't wait till tomorrow.
- Open Asana tab on Work Chrome, so it's the first thing I see tomorrow.
- Set myself Away on Slack.
- Say "Mischief Managed" out loud.
I'll be tracking my success using a don't-break-the-chain type of system - I'll put a big X on the calendar for each day I succeed.
Mischief managed :-)